Accommodation at the Technion
The Technion has two separate campuses - the Medical School complex is adjacent to the Rambam Medical Center located in Bat Galim. The Science and technology complex is located in the main Technion campus in Neve Shaanan.
Accommodation in the main Technion campus is within the student dorms, which include flats of 5 bed rooms and a shared kitchen and a bathroom. Bed rooms are equipped with a bed, a closet and a desk. No linen or kitchenware is provided. The dorm's rent is 1100 NIS per month ( with some variation for dorms who are less equipped).
Dorms are extremely limited and must be arranged at least three months in advance through the Center for International Academic Relations. Costs for visiting students are around 1100 NIS. paymen of the dormitory fee for the duration of your stay at the Technion, is paid fall upon your arrival - either with personal post-dated check or via bank trasfer.
Other options for accommodation:
1. Rental apartments in Haifa can also be found through the internet (http://haifa.craigslist.org / www.isralet.com). Locations close to the Technion campus include Neve Shaanan, Ramot Remez, Ramat Alon and Nesher or Ramot Yitzhak.
2. "Scandinavia House"- located by the sea, the scandinavia house offres basic accommodation, weekend retreats for student and Shabat evening dinners (a fun way to interact with students all around the world). For more information call Lilly on [00 972 (0)4 8512470].
3. Short time housing, located downtown, on St. Luke street no. 5. For more infromation contact Ms. Hasna Backry (firstname.lastname@example.org).
4. Other informtion about Haifa Hotels is availible HERE.
5. For information regarding a lovely one-bedroom apartment in Haifa for short stay rental please click HERE
For electrical goods and a laptop note that the electrical supply in Israel is 220 volts, 50 Hz (similar to Europe). A transformer will be necessary for North American appliances, and a plug-adapter will be necessary for foreign plugs.
Incoming Post-Docs and Visiting Scholars can also contact Mrs Ayelet Raz-Katalan (email@example.com) about rental housing of faculty members aho are on sabbatical or about securities for a rental agreement.